Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn>>Trace Elliot BLX-80<<Withdrawn

Guest MoJo

STOCK PHOTO - ACTUAL IMAGES TO FOLLOW

I bought this particular BLX-80 from BC's very own Gafbass02 about a month ago. I've tried it out at a couple of gigs but it's really not my cup of tea. I came across this combo while looking for a replacement for my much lamented Hartke Kickback 12 that I foolishly sold a year or so ago. Having seen/heard one in action some years ago, I knew that these combos throw out an awful lot more volume and low end than such a small enclosure with a single (kevlar reinforced) driver should, and would probably be ideal as an onstage monitor with my party band.

In reality, the BLX has a unique sound, probably due to it's unusual design. It can produce loads of low end thump and enough volume to cut it with a live band. Where it loses out, in my opinion, is that it has no top end sizzle, so I wouldn't recommend this combo for any Marcus Miller/Victor Wooten/Mark King wannabes. You could do what this person has done (and what TE did themselves on later versions of the BLX) (see image below) and fit a hf horn if that's your thing and you own a jigsaw and a soldering iron.

Another point worth mentioning is that this diminuitive combo is built like a tank. Like the Top Gear Toyota HiLux, it would probably survive being left on top of a tower block due for demolition. Following the explosion, you could dig it out, dust it off and get on with the gig. The trade-off for this virtual indestructibility is the unit's weight....It comes with a single carrying handle placed on the top and can be an awkward one hand lift.

The unit is in very good condition considering it's age. There are a few tears to the vinyl below the reflex port, but nothing a bit of evostik wouldn't cure. As soon as I can find my camera, I will post some photos of the actual combo. Comes complete with power lead.

All I'm looking for is the £50 that I paid for it, which I thought was an absolute steal at the time! Buyer will have to collect from my Sedgley (DY3 West Midlands) home or I can meet within a 40 mile radius of my address if my fuel costs are covered.

Thanks, Mark Edited by bassman2790

If anyone wishes to arrange their own courier, I have no problem packing the combo for collection.

As a guide, the BLX weighs in at a hefty 26kg (57lbs) and is 48cm(w) x 34cm(d) x 49cm(h)